ACANOTION help desk software is a Microsoft
windows desktop software package that allows you to log
support calls and jobs for anything ranging from help desks to
problem tracking with products and services.
16 May 2006 - Version 4.0.1
- Due Date field added
- Due date field added to job queue
- Re-size code expanded for job queue and main form.
- column sort and column order is now saved as user settings
for all columns
- search button on job queue is now default, so you don't need
to click it.
- Company name added to job queue for easier viewing of
companies listed with jobs.
- Logged By column added to the main job queue, so you can see
at a glance who logged the job.
- removed the 'Power User' Option from the staff security tab.
Simplified - its just admin user or normal user.
- minor improvements and changes to some dialog message boxes.
- additional attachments available to add in the job details
screen when adding attachments. This list now includes PDF, SQL,
and MSG file extensions.
- removal of attachments to the job is now simpler with a
removal command button.
- new interface with minor design changes to improve workflow.
- There are additions required to the database before
upgrading from v3.11 to v4.0.1
- fix for auto email to staff when job is assigned. Was
previously sending emails even when job notes were added. Now
- fix for staff saving, when a normal user. Normal users
cannot create new staff, but can now edit staff.
- normal users now see a security tab, but are unable to view
the user name and password.
- created escape key shortcut for most details forms as the
default when pressing esc, form now closes. Quick shortcut
addition for keyboard users as requested by clients.
- fixed the reminders popping up and taking control and focus
from other current apps you are working on.
31 October 2004 - Version 3.1.1
- Job queue now has re-order ability
- Job queue now has sort ascending or descending by reverse
- Job queue now has column re-sizing ability.
- All these settings can now be saved by user profile, once user
sets their preferences, close the form then re-open and they will
- Speed improvements on Client List loading. List now opens
ready to search, and asks if the search will return large results.
- See Database differences from v2.2 to v3.1.1
24 September 2004 - Version 3.0.0
- Job/Incident reminders added.
- Minor bug fixes
- and more...
9 June 2004 - Version 2.2.0
- Additions to the main job queue.
- Numbering added to the left hand treeview for all nodes.
- Highlight history added to treeview on main job queue.
- Speed improvements to code for job creation and editing.
- Asset reports added.
26 April 2004 - Version 2.0.3
- Asset Register added.
- Additions to the Help file.
- Small GUI changes to the main admin screens.
- Assets can now be attached to jobs.
10 March 2004 - Version 2.0.2
- New Tree View on the main Job queue screen.
- Tree View contains explorer for Staff, Status, Categories,
Severity & Priority. Browse jobs by any of these custom driven
fields. Drill down to see your selections.
- Knowledge Base Articles now available. Add your own FAQs and
KB articles for easy searching and quick problem resolution.
- Job Queue can now be maximised for full screen viewing.
- SMTP Connection Time Out setting - You can now alter the
connection time out setting for your SMTP server delay. This
feature would be useful for satellite driven email servers that
may have a longer relay period.
- Additions to the ACANOTION Help File.
- Assets are coming soon ...
3 February 2004 - Version 1.3.0
- Custom fields available for all Jobs.
- Custom administration screen, allowing renaming of the custom
- Registration screen.
- More administration screens for all entities.
8 December 2003 - Version 1.2.7
- Added the assigned to field to all built in reports. You can
now view reports showing who logged the job and who actually
performed the work.
- Attachments to a job or ticket can now be added. This feature
allows text based file attachments and image based file
- When adding job actions, you can now store billing
information, such as time taken for each action and cost if
required. More detailed reports and summary information will be
added in future release.
25 November 2003 - Version 1.2.3
- Ability to change logon user without closing application.
- Database Administration menu showing the database location.
- Icons on some forms have been improved.
- Security - More security improvements. The Administrator is
now the only person able to delete staff or clients. Normal users
are not permitted to delete these areas, but can create new ones.
5 November 2003 - Version 1.2.2
- More reports added, with new report creator ability. There is
more inbuilt reports, with flexibility for changes to reports on
the fly with the Report Creator.
- Reports are now in HTML format for ease of printing or
exporting to excel or other package.
6 October 2003 - Version 1.2.1
- Email administration features added.
- There is now custom templates to turn on or off depending on
if automatic emails are to be sent to staff or clients.
1 September 2003 - Version 1.0.0
- Version 1 of ACANOTION Help Desk released on the internet.